We’re friendly, professional and hard working.
Hiring a team to create and market a new website or help you manage your existing one can be a tough ask. You need to find a company that ‘gets’ your business, truly understands your needs and can deliver on time and on budget with no excuses. Here at Excite Media we pride ourselves on the fact that we consistently deliver world-class website solutions for our clients, and with over a decade of experience throughout Australia, and over one thousand new websites launched, the numbers speak for themselves.
- Nathanael HubbardManaging Director | Founder
Nathanael HubbardManaging Director | Founder
Nathanael is our co-founder and Managing Director, who along with Scott Maynard has built Excite Media into one of Brisbane’s premier agencies over the past 12 years. Leading a team of 35 close-knit digital experts, Nathanael is passionate about helping people and businesses discover what they want, why they want it, and how to achieve it.
- Nathanael enjoys nudging things one pixel at a time until they look ‘perfect’
- Nathanael thinks he can predict the weather better than the professionals
- Scott MaynardManaging Director | Founder
Scott MaynardManaging Director | Founder
Scott, Excite Media’s Technical Director is a qualified engineer with 16 years programming experience. Scott jumps into support calls when needed to ensure we continually better our service and solutions.
- Scott once drank a whole bottle of mint sauce
- Scott (along with 3 other Excite team members) broke a Guinness World Record for the longest ever darts marathon
- Scott’s “Useless Skill” is catching items that fall out of the fridge
- Scott’s hobbies include, drums, guitar, soccer, golf and speed-clicking.
- Scott’s car was once used in an ad! It was the ‘before’ image for a lottery advertisement.
- Andrew PitchfordDirector of Client Engagement
Andrew PitchfordDirector of Client Engagement
Andrew has a knack for solving complex business challenges through digital. He was the Director of a NZ web agency and leverages years in broadcasting, advertising and community services for our clients.
A true early adopter that loves swimming in the technology space, Andrew is highly regarded as a public speaker across marketing and non-profit interests.
- Andrew is a movie addict and the original “Family Guy” who built his first website in ’95.
- With his four children now grown up, his new brood is a collection of Pop Culture Pop Vinyl collectibles.
- Chris TaylorDirector of Operations
Chris TaylorDirector of Operations
Chris is our Operations Manager, with a degree in business and experience with companies like CBA and Ricoh, Chris is the first to fill in for a sick colleague or take on extra work to support the team.
- Chris is part of the Excite Media team that broke the Guinness World Record for the longest ever game of darts.
- Chris is the founder of the office saying: “a splash of flash”
- Shane RoseDirector of People & Culture
Shane RoseDirector of People & Culture
Shane is our Online Marketing Manager who has been working in digital marketing for 8 years, helping 100’s of Australian SME businesses get top Google rankings and maximum ROI from their PPC campaigns.
- On the weekends, if he’s not donning some lycra and hitting the roads on his bicycle then you’ll probably find him camping or at the beach
- Jordie SampieriGraphic Designer
Jordie SampieriGraphic Designer
With a bachelor of visual design and Certificate III in design fundamentals, Jordie has a knack for being able to create elegant, engaging and highly effective website designs for our clients.
- Jordie is an avid Final Fantasy fan.
- Jordie is still half-heartedly trying to learn Japanese. Kon-ni-chi… ahh forget it…
- Chris HarrisGraphic Designer
Chris HarrisGraphic Designer
As a designer with a true passion for the outdoors, Chris loves getting outside to go camping, surfing, rock climbing, soccer, tennis and pretty much any sport or activity he can.
- Chris has lived and worked on 3 continents and travelled over 50 countries around the world.
- Chris spent a year as ski bum in Canada.
- Chris is a bit of a board game geek and is currently designing his own strategy card game.
- Lee WallisDigital Marketing Strategist
Lee WallisDigital Marketing Strategist
Lee brings 10 years in online marketing to Excite, with 4 years experience running his own digital agency. Lee is our CRO expert and has helped multi-million dollar property companies like Diamond Resorts grow their sales.
- Lee knows when you’re bluffing at the poker table.
- Lee’s travels have taken him to Spain, Turkey, Cyprus, Italy, India, Japan, Indonesia and of course his new home, Australia. Next stop… Las Vegas!
- Lee is obsessed with the digital currency Bitcoin and believes one day his Bitcoin stash will be worth millions. As of September 2017, 1 Bitcoin is worth $5,170 AUD.
- Zoe WytonAdmin & Accounts
Zoe WytonAdmin & Accounts
Zoe is our head number cruncher here at Excite Media, taking care of all the accounting and payroll and keeping everyone else in line. When not balancing ledgers, Zoe spends time with her three boys, sewing, reading or doing yoga.
- Zoe was born in Western Australia and will always be a West Aussie at heart.
- Zoe is a bit of a Disney Dork & would love to go to Disneyland one day.
- Zoe just celebrated her 10 year wedding anniversary in the Maldives.
- Karl PaustianProject Manager
Karl PaustianProject Manager
Karl has 7 years experience managing digital and broadcast media projects for Channel 10, ABC, Nine Network and various QLD State Departments. Karl also heads up our photography and videography team.
- Matthew GreenProject Manager
Matthew GreenProject Manager
Matt’s our Project Management guru and leverages years of web design, marketing and sales experience to deliver some remarkably successful small business websites. Matt also manages our largest client, Centacare.
- Matt can play any song by ear and plays in a band called The Reversals.
- Matt has the record for the most games of foosball played in the office.
- Matt has recently become a first time dad, and if his kids thinks they’re getting their hands on his Lego Minifig collection…they can think again!
- Alyce AppelgrenDigital Marketing Strategist
Alyce AppelgrenDigital Marketing Strategist
Alyce is our senior digital marketing strategist in the WebIQ team and spends her days developing strategies and tweaking designs to make life easier for her clients. When she’s not trawling through spreadsheets you can find her walking her beagles or upside down practicing her trapeze skills.
- Alyce is always planning her next travel adventure with plans to visit every country (Russia, Mongolia and Ukraine are next!)
- Alyce is a bit of hippie when it comes to sustainability and recycling and will go through the bins to make sure things are going in the right place.
- Polina ShileninaProject Manager
Polina ShileninaProject Manager
Polina has launched more than 70 websites, working with global players like REIQ, Nike EMEA and Sberbank, Russia’s largest investment bank. Polina’s remarkable abilities also see her working with the WebIQ team.
- Polina has only come off her scooter once, which she considers a great personal achievement.
- Polina has visited exactly 32 countries.
- Polina’s office duty is to ‘make everyone feel like they are funny’.
- Jason HowmanAccount Lead
Jason HowmanAccount Lead
Jason brings 15 years of business development with some of Australia’s largest companies including Hastings Deering, Transfield, QUT, Terrex, National Dental Care, Curragh Mine and Redland City Council.
- Jason taught Andrew “Joey” Johns to do “The pump” (dance move).
- Jason once gave Larry Emdur directions and told him to “Come on down!…that road there and follow it all the way to Swansea” – He wasn’t impressed.
- Unlike most people, Jason once paid money to see Limp Bizkit.
- Benjamin MaynardCreative Director
Benjamin MaynardCreative Director
Ben’s our Creative Director with 17 years experience in web, UI/UX and digital marketing for companies like MTV, Seagate, SAP and eBay. Ben has founded numerous successful startups, and knows how to get results through design.
- Ben has over twenty guitars, a collection that doesn’t seem likely to stop anytime soon.
- Ben is tragically addicted to Formula One, and one day dreams of following the championship around the world for a year.
- Paul TaylorDigital Marketer
Paul TaylorDigital Marketer
Paul brings years of Digital Marketing experience to the team and enjoys working with clients to help them grow their businesses. In the past he has worked for such clients as Dilmah Tea, Vodafone and Carlton & United.
- Paul enjoys watching Air Crash Investigation which has unfortunately effected his Frequent Flyer status.
- Paul likes to iron and won’t go out in public with un-ironed clothes – Ever.
- Paul loves spending time with his family, sweating over a hot BBQ with a beer in hand and eating a good steak.
- Sholto McNeilageHead of Data Acquisition, Analytics & Reporting
Sholto McNeilageHead of Data Acquisition, Analytics & Reporting
As the Head of Data Acquisition, Analytics & Reporting Sholto oversees all aspects of measuring and reporting on clients campaigns, through robust tracking & reporting strategies and impeccable implementation by managing a strong team using the latest and greatest work flows. He is a dynamic data-driven modern marketing maestro and experience enthusiast with the penchant for the peculiar, and alliteration.
When not at work he can be found:
- Pedalling to cafes in Lycra at ridiculously early hours of the morning.
- Expanding Whisky Wednesdays to include every day of the week.
- Planning his next chance to shred some powder snow.
- Maria KranendonkGraphic Designer
Maria KranendonkGraphic Designer
Maria is our go-to print designer and spends her days preparing elegant layouts for business cards and stationery, magazine ads, brochures, newsletters, packaging, signage and pretty much anything that can be printed!
- Maria lives with her husband, four kids and her daughter’s cat Coco.
- Maria’s nickname ‘Rio’ has stuck with her since childhood.
- As a child, Maria was scared of butterflies.
- Maria is currently trying to give up coffee.
- Hung TranWeb Developer
Hung TranWeb Developer
Hung is our front-end programming guru, who spends the majority of his time converting our website designs from concepts through to working websites. He also specialises in creating mobile friendly responsive versions of our client’s websites.
- Hung spends his free time with his family, playing chess and shopping.
- Hung’s favourite sports are of Soccer and Badminton.
- Hung’s all time favourite movies are The Gods Must Be Crazy or anything by Charlie Chaplin
- Hannah BarnardProject Manager
Hannah BarnardProject Manager
Hannah has extensive experience creating strategies and managing digital campaigns for the likes of the Ekka, Brisbane Music Press, Woodford Folk Festival, Big Pineapple festival and Caloundra Music Festival.
- Hannah owns a copy of every David Bowie vinyl ever released.
- Hannah would like to pick tea in Sri Lanka before she turns 30.
- In 2006 Hannah walked along an 3 km stretch of the equator.
- Nick PaustianSenior Cool Dude
Nick PaustianSenior Cool Dude
Nick is our senior developer who is also responsible for designing and building Tempo, our internal project management system.
As with all self proclaimed ‘cool’ people he’s tiresome to deal with – but he’s the only one that can fix our emails so… there’s that.
- Nick holds the record for the most packages received at the office in a calendar year.
- A hardcore gamer, Nick owns pretty much every console ever made.
- A key player for the local basketball legends the Unicorns, Nick snapped his ankle recently like a twig.
- Mike GreenSupport Engineer
Mike GreenSupport Engineer
A customer service legend by day, Mikey is a massive basketball fan that follows the mighty Denver Nuggets. Besides playing guitar in his spare time, Mike loves travelling overseas and enjoying beers and board games with friends.
- After years of experimentation, Mikey believes to have discovered the ultimate gourmet nachos recipe.
- Mikey’s favourite whiskey is Monkey Shoulder.
- Mikey dreams of a day where everyone has watched his two favourite TV shows: Southland & Justified.
- Derek LewisSupport Services Manager
Derek LewisSupport Services Manager
Not to be outdone by Polina, Derek has visited no less than 45 countries, easily making him our most well travelled. Derek was high school chess champion in year 10… The fact that only 3 other students played chess doesn’t seem to bother him one bit.
- Derek is passionate about good nutrition. He has a love affair with virgin coconut oil that he claims changed his life.
- Derek loves being outdoors whether it’s snow skiing, rowing, horse riding, trail bike riding, trekking.
- Derek lived in London for 8 years and travelled whenever he could.
- Joanna ScottWebIQ Consultant
Joanna ScottWebIQ Consultant
Jo has a bachelor of marketing and has helped 100’s of Australian SME businesses with their online marketing needs, including web and mobile app development, social media marketing, PPC, CRO and SEO.
- Joanna is a massive fan of Bubble O Bills & Channing Tatum (Yum!!!)
- Joanna is also known as “Mono” for one-handed foosball playing.
- Joanna has a fear of lizards. Even geckos. Eek!
- Nick MokSupport Technician
Nick MokSupport Technician
As one of our support champions, Nick’s role is to handle incoming calls and emails from our clients and guide them through their problems with his calm phone manner.
- Nick has been forced to be called by his surname because there is another Nick.
- Nick loves any kind of superhero movie, card tricks (although he’s a total amateur) and listening to music that’s more hardcore than Matt’s music tastes 😛
- Nick grew up in Tamborine Mountain, visiting often for the peaceful and cool nights.
- Jamie SmithAdWords Specialist
Jamie SmithAdWords Specialist
Jamie is our local AdWords strategist. When he’s not thinking about numbers and ways to improve results for clients he enjoys playing a range of board, card and computer games or is busy hosting dinner parties and feeding guests a feast of ribs and burgers.
- Jamie has explored nine different countries and rates them by quality of their food and arcade games.
- Jamie is an avid tennis player and hits the court whenever he can.
- Erinna MaynardAdmin
Erinna works as part of the admin team and makes sure all the numbers add up.
Outside of work you’ll find her wrangling/cleaning up after her three young boys.
- Erinna sometimes hides from these delightful boys in her pantry to eat cooking chocolate(when the real chocolate runs out)
- Erinna is married to Scott, Excite Media’s Managing Director. They first met at high school in 1995, where they were in the same grade 8 form class.
- Erinna is a registered nurse and is on standby to treat any injuries that may occur in the Excite Media office (thankfully none so far).
- Ian LagunaWeb Developer
Ian LagunaWeb Developer
Ian’s role at Excite Media is focused on frontend web programming and creating custom WordPress solutions for our clients. In his spare time he loves to play and have fun with her five year old daughter, Athena.
- Ian loves to play basketball, badminton, bowling and riding his motorcycle going out in any places with his wife & some friends.
- Ian enjoys watching movies together with his family and is a genuine Naruto fanatic!
- Janalee PinedaWeb Developer
Janalee PinedaWeb Developer
Janalee is a Web Developer whose role focuses mainly on converting PSD designs to responsive WordPress sites and fixing websites for minor issues/revisions. Outside work you’ll find her eating, lying on her bed sleeping or playing with her nieces and nephews.
- She loves wandering in different places in search of something new, bizarre and wonderful
- She dreams of going skydiving someday
More than just a website design company, the team at Excite Media are close friends and this shows through in the work that we do. Taking care of our customers like a family business is important to us and it’s why our clients rave about us. If you are looking for a professional solution to increase your business’ bottom line, talk to us today, we’d love to hear from you!