We have over ten years of experience designing websites.
Getting new leads and sales to your site is our speciality.
Building a brand that speaks to your customers is what we do.
We’re experts at the world’s most trusted web platform.
Business cards, brochures, posters and much much more.
We build websites that work on all kinds of devices.
Meet the Team
- Nathanael HubbardManaging Director | Founder
Nathanael HubbardManaging Director | Founder
Nathanael is our co-founder and Managing Director, who along with Scott Maynard has built Excite Media into one of Brisbane’s premier agencies over the past 12 years. Leading a team of 35 close-knit digital experts, Nathanael is passionate about helping people and businesses discover what they want, why they want it, and how to achieve it.
- Nathanael enjoys nudging things one pixel at a time until they look ‘perfect’
- Nathanael thinks he can predict the weather better than the professionals
- Nathanael has a Masters of Information Technology and a Bachelor of Popular Music.
- Scott MaynardManaging Director | Founder
Scott MaynardManaging Director | Founder
Scott, Excite Media’s Technical Director is a qualified engineer with 16 years programming experience. Scott jumps into support calls when needed to ensure we continually better our service and solutions.
- Scott once drank a whole bottle of mint sauce
- Scott (along with 3 other Excite team members) broke a Guinness World Record for the longest ever darts marathon
- Scott’s “Useless Skill” is catching items that fall out of the fridge
- Scott’s hobbies include, drums, guitar, soccer, golf and speed-clicking.
- Scott’s car was once used in an ad! It was the ‘before’ image for a lottery advertisement.
- Scott has a Bachelor of Electrical/Computer Systems Engineering with First Class Honours
- Andrew PitchfordDirector of Client Engagement
Andrew PitchfordDirector of Client Engagement
Andrew has a knack for solving complex business challenges through digital. He was the Director of a NZ web agency and leverages years in broadcasting, advertising and community services for our clients.
A true early adopter that loves swimming in the technology space, Andrew is highly regarded as a public speaker across marketing and non-profit interests.
- Andrew is a movie addict and the original “Family Guy” who built his first website in ’95.
- With his four children now grown up, his new brood is a collection of Pop Culture Pop Vinyl collectibles.
- Chris TaylorDirector of Operations
Chris TaylorDirector of Operations
Chris is our Operations Manager, with a degree in business and experience with companies like CBA and Ricoh, Chris is the first to fill in for a sick colleague or take on extra work to support the team.
- Chris is part of the Excite Media team that broke the Guinness World Record for the longest ever game of darts.
- Chris is the founder of the office saying: “a splash of flash”
- Shane RoseDirector of People & Culture
Shane RoseDirector of People & Culture
Shane is our Online Marketing Manager who has been working in digital marketing for 8 years, helping 100’s of Australian SME businesses get top Google rankings and maximum ROI from their PPC campaigns.
- On the weekends, if he’s not donning some lycra and hitting the roads on his bicycle then you’ll probably find him camping or at the beach
- Tracey JonesMarketing Director
Tracey JonesMarketing Director
Part numbers nerd, part strategy seeker and full curious creative, Tracey’s role here at Excite Media is to help our clients get more customers, revenue and brand awareness for less money, effort and stress. Simple, really.
- When she’s not adding to her 5073 pins on Pinterest or watching ballet on YouTube, you can find Tracey planning her next art project, or honing her Year 9 Global Studies skills.
- Tracey was the Australian Young Direct Marketer in 1996 and sat next to Lester Wunderman (the man considered the father of modern-day direct marketing) at an awards dinner in New Orleans.
- Tracey has a Bachelor of Business in Marketing and Agri-Business and a Masters of Business Administration.
- Jordie SampieriGraphic Designer
Jordie SampieriGraphic Designer
Jordie has a knack for being able to create elegant, engaging and highly effective website designs for our clients. Skills which she has learned from some of her studies in the industry.
- Bachelor of Arts – Majoring in Interactive and Visual Design
- Certificate III in design fundamentals
- Jordie is an avid Final Fantasy fan.
- Jordie is still half-heartedly trying to learn Japanese. Kon-ni-chi… ahh forget it…
- Chris HarrisGraphic Designer
Chris HarrisGraphic Designer
As a designer with a true passion for the outdoors, Chris loves getting outside to go camping, surfing, rock climbing, soccer, tennis and pretty much any sport or activity he can.
- Chris has lived and worked on 3 continents and travelled over 50 countries around the world.
- Chris spent a year as ski bum in Canada.
- Chris is a bit of a board game geek and is currently designing his own strategy card game.
- Chris has a BSc Business Management from the University of Manchester.
We’re a friendly bunch of peeps, why not get to know all of us?
How would you rate the quality of your finished project?
We’re absolutely thrilled with the site and the entire collaborative experience with Excite Media. In fact, I’ve been singing their praises whenever an opportunity presents itself.
How did you feel about working with the team at Excite Media?
Excite Media gave a professional front to my small business. They are the only organisation I know that actually deliver when they say they will.
Is there anything that Excite Media could have improved during your project?
To make cakes push through the screen every time I hit the home button. Other than that, nothing. Although, I have no doubt that if anybody could have made the cake thing happen, it would be Excite Media.
About Excite Media
Excite Media are Brisbane based web designers that have been producing high quality website design, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Google AdWords campaigns for over 10 years. With over 1,200 websites being professionally designed and built, the Excite Media team of web designers and fellow professionals can offer the perfect solution for your next website design project.
We are based in Petrie Terrace, Brisbane but if you can’t make it to our office for a website consultation, don’t worry! Whether your business is based in Indooroopilly, Kenmore, Taringa, Toowong, Milton, Brisbane CBD or beyond, we can bring our web design expertise to you.
Case StudyOz Wardrobes
On the second of September this year, without most of the world knowing, one of the most significant threats to internet security was discovered. While business continued as most for most, the good folks over at Wordfence uncovered a major security flaw that had the potential to throw a significant portion of the internet into complete disarray.
Five days after the Wordfence security plugin identified the vulnerability, a solution was issued to tackle the problem immediately. By the 21st of September, threats were no longer present to sites and the investigation was concluded.
Only recently this information has been disclosed, but consumers want to know how they can protect themselves against a similar attack. Read the full article…
It’s a very rare person who would tell you that a slow website doesn’t grind their gears.
In fact, there is absolutely no one in the Excite Media Team who would happily twiddle their thumbs and watch wheels spin while a website loads. We live in a fast-paced world where we want things sooner rather than later. That’s why page speed is so critical to a good user experience (UX).
It doesn’t matter how great the content is, how flashy the graphics are, or even if you have an ace video playing – speed is key. Read the full article…
Learning our client’s business through complete immersion, Web Project Manager Polina, travelled to the Northern Territory
A couple of weeks ago I had the unique opportunity to steal away from my desk at Excite and head to the outback for one of my clients. I was invited by the Laynhapuy Homelands Aboriginal Corporation (Laynha) to visit a number of their remote sites in the Northern Territory. To say I jumped at the opportunity is a bit of an understatement!
The type of project Laynha had in mind posed some real challenges and understanding precisely how the group integrated with the local community was critical to fully comprehending what they were trying to achieve. Read the full article…