We’re friendly, professional and hard working.
Hiring a team to create and market a new website or help you manage your existing one can be a tough ask. You need to find a company that ‘gets’ your business, truly understands your needs and can deliver on time and on budget with no excuses. Here at Excite Media we pride ourselves on the fact that we consistently deliver world-class website solutions for our clients, and with over a decade of experience throughout Australia, and over one thousand new websites launched, the numbers speak for themselves.
- Nathanael HubbardManaging Director
Nathanael HubbardManaging Director
Nathanael is passionate about helping businesses dream big and succeed. His weapon of choice is digital marketing. When Nathanael isn’t meeting with clients or learning about business and marketing, he can be found writing songs or playing in his band The Reversals.
- Nathanael enjoys nudging things one pixel at a time until they look ‘perfect’
- Nathanael thinks he can predict the weather better than the professionals
- Scott MaynardTechnical Director
Scott MaynardTechnical Director
Scott gave up his dream of being an olympic athlete when he realised that he had no discernible sporting talent. Fortunately he’s found a rewarding role at Excite Media, where you’ll find him manning the BBQ, or working in the “Geek Zone” where he manages the technical team.
- Scott once drank a whole bottle of mint sauce
- Scott (along with 3 other Excite team members) broke a Guinness World Record for the longest ever darts marathon
- Scott’s “Useless Skill” is catching items that fall out of the fridge
- Scott’s hobbies include, drums, guitar, soccer, golf and speed-clicking.
- Scott’s car was once used in an ad! It was the ‘before’ image for a lottery advertisement.
- Chris TaylorProduction Team Manager
Chris TaylorProduction Team Manager
“Adversity”: A difficult or unpleasant situation.
Chris’ definition of Adversity:
A Collingwood supporter living in Brisbane.
The above has given Chris a strong ability to develop long lasting relationships (even in the case of AFL related abuse), and perhaps this is the reason that Chris has been appointed as Excite Media’s Production Team Manager.
- Chris is part of the Excite Media team that broke the Guinness World Record for the longest ever game of darts.
- Chris is the founder of the office saying: “a splash of flash”
- Shane RoseOnline Marketing Manager
Shane RoseOnline Marketing Manager
Shane is our resident Online Marketing Specialist. He divides his time between leading our Online Marketing team, Project Management and constant learning to keep up-to-date with this ever changing industry. Get to know Shane and you’re sure to be told a story that takes a lot longer to tell than it should. You’ll probably hear him talking about The Mighty Hawks, his skills as a local Social Netball legend or the latest music he is listening to (ask him about his “5 listen guarantee”).
- On the weekends, if he’s not donning some lycra and hitting the roads on his bicycle then you’ll probably find him camping or at the beach
- Jordie SampieriWeb Designer
Jordie SampieriWeb Designer
Jordie is our coffee addicted designer, who loves to create practical and elegant designs for our clients. Besides spending time with her two dogs Pixie and Wilson and her vintage cat Smoochy, Jordie is also a serious gamer who can’t get enough of Japanese culture and design.
- Jordie is an avid Final Fantasy fan.
- Jordie is still half-heartedly trying to learn Japanese. Kon-ni-chi… ahh forget it…
- Andrew PitchfordDigital Strategist
Andrew PitchfordDigital Strategist
Old man Pitchford is our Digital Strategist, with a 20 year broadcasting career connected to management roles in marketing and communications.
A true early adopter that loves swimming in the technology space, Andrew is highly regarded as a public speaker across marketing and non-profit interests.
- Andrew is a movie addict and the original “Family Guy” who built his first website in ’95.
- With his four children now grown up, his new brood is a collection of Pop Culture Pop Vinyl collectibles.
- Lee WallisDigital Marketing Consultant
Lee WallisDigital Marketing Consultant
Lee, our very own British expatriate (yep, he’s a pom), understands how to transform an under-performing website into an online lead generating machine! With over 10 years experience in the digital marketing industry, Lee spends his time amongst our webIQ team, continuously optimising websites to generate more leads and sales for our clients.
- Lee knows when you’re bluffing at the poker table.
- Lee’s travels have taken him to Spain, Turkey, Cyprus, Italy, India, Japan, Indonesia and of course his new home, Australia. Next stop… Las Vegas!
- Lee is obsessed with the digital currency Bitcoin and believes one day his Bitcoin stash will be worth millions.
- Zoe WytonAdmin & Accounts
Zoe WytonAdmin & Accounts
Zoe is our head number cruncher here at Excite Media, taking care of all the accounting and payroll and keeping everyone else in line. When not balancing ledgers, Zoe spends time with her three boys, sewing, reading or doing yoga.
- Zoe was born in Western Australia and will always be a West Aussie at heart.
- Zoe is a bit of a Disney Dork & would love to go to Disneyland one day.
- Zoe just celebrated her 10 year wedding anniversary in the Maldives.
- Karl PaustianProject Manager
Karl PaustianProject Manager
In the beginning there was only darkness. The Creator said “Let there be light” – and there was light, and it was glorious. The Creator said “Let the beasts roam the earth, and let the birds fill the sky” – and all manner of creatures sprung forth from the loins of the earth, and they were magnificent. The creator then created man to bask in the splendour of this world. All was well. Aeons passed. Karl was born. The creator said “Maybe I was too quick to give man free will…” Karl said “No take backsy’s”, and slapped the Creator’s foot-long sub out his hands. The Creator, Ranch dressing dripping down his robe, sighed to himself and thought, “Time to start over”.
- Matthew GreenProject Manager
Matthew GreenProject Manager
Matt is a Project Manager here at Excite Media and works hands-on with our clients to ensure that their projects are delivered successfully, smoothly and completed on time. When he’s not managing projects, he is busy managing his music career spending time songwriting, recording, gigging or cleaning his Nord and Fender Rhodes keyboards.
- Matt can play any song by ear and plays in a band called The Reversals.
- Matt has the record for the most games of foosball played in the office.
- Matt has recently become a first time dad, and if his kids thinks they’re getting their hands on his Lego Minifig collection…they can think again!
- Polina ShileninaProject Manager
Polina ShileninaProject Manager
Polina spends her days at Excite Media pushing web design projects over the line and helping businesses implement their long-term digital marketing strategies with WebIQ. When she does leave the office, her usual habitat is a movie theatre where they show anything with subtitles, or at the nearest rock climbing gym (she is still gathering confidence to climb mountains that are not colour-coded).
- Polina has only come off her scooter once, which she considers a great personal achievement.
- Polina has visited exactly 32 countries.
- Polina’s office duty is to ‘make everyone feel like they are funny’.
- Jason HowmanBusiness Development Manager
Jason HowmanBusiness Development Manager
When not helping our clients to plan and execute on cutting edge digital strategy, Jason can be found trolling the rivers in his kayak on the hunt for a variety of fish species. A keen heavy metal fan, Jason mixes the best of both worlds into his fishing videos.
- Jason taught Andrew “Joey” Johns to do “The pump” (dance move).
- Jason once gave Larry Emdur directions and told him to “Come on down!…that road there and follow it all the way to Swansea” – He wasn’t impressed.
- Unlike most people, Jason once paid money to see Limp Bizkit.
- Benjamin MaynardSenior Designer
Benjamin MaynardSenior Designer
Ben’s role at ExciteMedia is to lead our design team in creating high quality, modern designs that really connect with people. When not pushing pixels around, Ben enjoys spending time with his family, building and playing guitars and watching the Formula One. This one time, he met The Goodies.
- Ben has over twenty guitars, a collection that doesn’t seem likely to stop anytime soon.
- Ben is tragically addicted to Formula One, and one day dreams of following the championship around the world for a year.
- Maria KranendonkGraphic Designer
Maria KranendonkGraphic Designer
Maria is our go-to print designer and spends her days preparing elegant layouts for business cards and stationery, magazine ads, brochures, newsletters, packaging, signage and pretty much anything that can be printed!
- Maria lives with her husband, four kids and her daughter’s cat Coco.
- Maria’s nickname ‘Rio’ has stuck with her since childhood.
- As a child, Maria was scared of butterflies.
- Maria is currently trying to give up coffee.
- Hung TranWeb Developer
Hung TranWeb Developer
Hung is our front-end programming guru, who spends the majority of his time converting our website designs from concepts through to working websites. He also specialises in creating mobile friendly responsive versions of our client’s websites.
- Hung spends his free time with his family, playing chess and shopping.
- Hung’s favourite sports are of Soccer and Badminton.
- Hung’s all time favourite movies are The Gods Must Be Crazy or anything by Charlie Chaplin
- Adam MaynardDigital Strategist
Adam MaynardDigital Strategist
Adam is a Digital Strategist with twenty years experience in tech companies, web start-ups and large corporates. Adam’s passion at Excite Media is helping our clients overcome their marketing challenges and achieve their short and long term business goals.
- Adam lived in Germany and can speak Deutsch, kind of.
- Adam is a Formula 1 and MotoGP fan, and can be found awake at all hours to watch European races.
- Adam has a collection of guitars, the number can’t be listed here for safety reasons.
- Nick PaustianSenior Cool Dude
Nick PaustianSenior Cool Dude
He might tell you other wise – but he was actually the only candidate in the running for ‘Senior Cool Dude’.
As with all self proclaimed ‘cool’ people he’s tiresome to deal with – but he’s the only one that can fix our emails so… there’s that.
- Nick holds the record for the most packages received at the office in a calendar year.
- A hardcore gamer, Nick owns pretty much every console ever made.
- A key player for the local basketball legends the Unicorns, Nick snapped his ankle recently like a twig.
- Joanna ScottWebIQ Consultant
Joanna ScottWebIQ Consultant
At Excite Media, Joanna works with her clients to help them grow their businesses by developing and executing compelling digital marketing strategies. In her free time she enjoys spending time with her one true love, Netflix. You will also find Joanna sipping cocktails at the beach, burning things in the oven and planning her next holiday to the snow.
- Joanna is a massive fan of Bubble O Bills & Channing Tatum (Yum!!!)
- Joanna is also known as “Mono” for one-handed foosball playing.
- Joanna has a fear of lizards. Even geckos. Eek!
- Nick MokSupport Technician
Nick MokSupport Technician
As one of our support champions, Nick’s role is to handle incoming calls and emails from our clients and guide them through their problems with his calm phone manner.
- Nick has been forced to be called by his surname because there is another Nick.
- Nick loves any kind of superhero movie, card tricks (although he’s a total amateur) and listening to music that’s more hardcore than Matt’s music tastes 😛
- Nick grew up in Tamborine Mountain, visiting often for the peaceful and cool nights.
- Crissy HubbardAdmin
Crissy is Zoe’s humble assistant. When she isn’t trying to help Zoe out she is trying to set limits on Nathanael’s pixel nudging, and caring for their two boys.
- Crissy would love to have a pair of pyjamas made out of a doona.
- Crissy would love to have a Mariachi band follow her around for a day just because.
- Erinna MaynardAdmin
Erinna works as part of the admin team and makes sure all the numbers add up.
Outside of work you’ll find her wrangling/cleaning up after her three young boys.
- Erinna sometimes hides from these delightful boys in her pantry to eat cooking chocolate(when the real chocolate runs out)
- Erinna is married to Scott, Excite Media’s Managing Director. They first met at high school in 1995, where they were in the same grade 8 form class.
- Erinna is a registered nurse and is on standby to treat any injuries that may occur in the Excite Media office (thankfully none so far).
- Ian LagunaWeb Developer
Ian LagunaWeb Developer
Ian’s role at Excite Media is focused on frontend web programming and creating custom WordPress solutions for our clients. In his spare time he loves to play and have fun with his four year old daughter, Athena.
- Ian loves to play basketball, badminton, bowling and riding his motorcycle going out in any places with his wife & some friends.
- Ian enjoys watching movies together with his family and is a genuine Naruto fanatic!
- Janalee PinedaWeb Developer
Janalee PinedaWeb Developer
Janalee is a Web Developer whose role focuses mainly on converting PSD designs to responsive WordPress sites and fixing websites for minor issues/revisions. Outside work you’ll find her eating, lying on her bed sleeping or playing with her nieces and nephews.
- She loves wandering in different places in search of something new, bizarre and wonderful
- She dreams of going skydiving someday
More than just a website design company, the team at Excite Media are close friends and this shows through in the work that we do. Taking care of our customers like a family business is important to us and it’s why our clients rave about us. If you are looking for a professional solution to increase your business’ bottom line, talk to us today, we’d love to hear from you!