We have over ten years of experience designing websites.
Getting new leads and sales to your site is our speciality.
Building a brand that speaks to your customers is what we do.
We’re experts at the world’s most trusted web platform.
Business cards, brochures, posters and much much more.
We build websites that work on all kinds of devices.
Meet the Team
- Nathanael HubbardManaging Director
Nathanael HubbardManaging Director
Nathanael is passionate about helping businesses dream big and succeed. His weapon of choice is digital marketing. When Nathanael isn’t meeting with clients or learning about business and marketing, he can be found writing songs or playing in his band The Reversals.
- Nathanael enjoys nudging things one pixel at a time until they look ‘perfect’
- Nathanael thinks he can predict the weather better than the professionals
- Scott MaynardManaging Director | Technical
Scott MaynardManaging Director | Technical
Scott gave up his dream of being an olympic athlete when he realised that he had no discernible sporting talent. Fortunately he’s found a rewarding role at Excite Media, where you’ll find him manning the BBQ, or working in the “Geek Zone” where he manages the technical team.
- Scott once drank a whole bottle of mint sauce
- Scott (along with 3 other Excite team members) broke a Guinness World Record for the longest ever darts marathon
- Scott’s “Useless Skill” is catching items that fall out of the fridge
- Scott’s hobbies include, drums, guitar, soccer, golf and speed-clicking.
- Chris TaylorProduction Team Manager
Chris TaylorProduction Team Manager
“Adversity”: A difficult or unpleasant situation.
Chris’ definition of Adversity:
A Collingwood supporter living in Brisbane.
The above has given Chris a strong ability to develop long lasting relationships (even in the case of AFL related abuse), and perhaps this is the reason that Chris has been appointed as Excite Media’s Production Team Manager.
- Chris is part of the Excite Media team that broke the Guinness World Record for the longest ever game of darts.
- Chris is the founder of the office saying: “a splash of flash”
- Shane RoseOnline Marketing Manager
Shane RoseOnline Marketing Manager
Shane is our resident Online Marketing Specialist. He divides his time between leading our Online Marketing team, Project Management and constant learning to keep up-to-date with this ever changing industry. Get to know Shane and you’re sure to be told a story that takes a lot longer to tell than it should. You’ll probably hear him talking about The Mighty Hawks, his skills as a local Social Netball legend or the latest music he is listening to (ask him about his “5 listen guarantee”).
- On the weekends, if he’s not donning some lycra and hitting the roads on his bicycle then you’ll probably find him camping or at the beach
- Vinny TortorellaProject Manager
Vinny TortorellaProject Manager
Vinny is a generation X/Y cusp, being able to both remember 80’s TV commercials word for word and also know the difference between an internet scam and a legitimate online love interest. This can also be said for Vinny’s skillset as Senior Project manager, having worked in web design and brand development for over 10 years, he knows the best and worst of what’s out there and is prepared to get your project ready for the real world.
- Vinny digs cooking and entertaining and being overly-particular about everyone’s nutrition.
- Find him at your local nightspot with a scotch and dry with a slice of cucumber. The perfect conversation starter.
- Jordie SampieriWeb Designer
Jordie SampieriWeb Designer
Jordie is our coffee addicted designer, who loves to create practical and elegant designs for our clients. Besides spending time with her two dogs Pixie and Wilson and her vintage cat Smoochy, Jordie is also a serious gamer who can’t get enough of Japanese culture and design.
- Jordie an avid Final Fantasy fan.
- Jordie is still half-heartedly trying to learn Japanese. Kon-ni-chi… ahh forget it…
- Andrew PitchfordDigital Strategist
Andrew PitchfordDigital Strategist
Old man Pitchford is our Digital Strategist, with a 20 year broadcasting career connected to management roles in marketing and communications.
A true early adopter that loves swimming in the technology space, Andrew is highly regarded as a public speaker across marketing and non-profit interests.
- Andrew is a movie addict and the original “Family Guy” who built his first website in ’95.
- With his four children now grown up, his new brood is a collection of Pop Culture Pop Vinyl collectibles.
- Lee WallisDigital Marketing Consultant
Lee WallisDigital Marketing Consultant
Lee, our very own British expatriate (yep, he’s a pom), understands how to transform an under-performing website into an online lead generating machine! With over 10 years experience in the digital marketing industry, Lee spends his time amongst our webIQ team, continuously optimising websites to generate more leads and sales for our clients.
- Lee knows when you’re bluffing at the poker table.
- Lee’s travels have taken him to Spain, Turkey, Cyprus, Italy, India, Japan, Indonesia and of course his new home, Australia. Next stop… Las Vegas!
- Lee is obsessed with the digital currency Bitcoin and believes one day his Bitcoin stash will be worth millions.
We’re a friendly bunch of peeps, why not get to know all of us?
How would you rate the quality of your finished project?
We’re absolutely thrilled with the site and the entire collaborative experience with Excite Media. In fact, I’ve been singing their praises whenever an opportunity presents itself.
How did you feel about working with the team at Excite Media?
Excite Media gave a professional front to my small business. They are the only organisation I know that actually deliver when they say they will.
Is there anything that Excite Media could have improved during your project?
To make cakes push through the screen every time I hit the home button. Other than that, nothing. Although, I have no doubt that if anybody could have made the cake thing happen, it would be Excite Media.
About Excite Media
Excite Media are Brisbane based web designers that have been producing high quality website design, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Google AdWords campaigns for over 10 years. With over 1,200 websites being professionally designed and built, the Excite Media team of web designers and fellow professionals can offer the perfect solution for your next website design project.
We are based in Petrie Terrace, Brisbane but if you can’t make it to our office for a website consultation, don’t worry! Whether your business is based in Indooroopilly, Kenmore, Taringa, Toowong, Milton, Brisbane CBD or beyond, we can bring our web design expertise to you.
Case StudyPetra Data Science
Your homepage is your biggest marketing asset. It’s the first thing customers see and can potentially win (or lose) you new business in a matter of 30 seconds. The problem many businesses have is they put too much information on their homepage. Read the full article…
When designing or upgrading a website it’s important to embed the core aspects of your ‘brand personality’ into your online presence. Branding isn’t just confined to your logo, but is essentially the ‘character’ of your business represented in a visual way. When we talk about your brand story we want to represent your business heart to prospective customers.
Many factors go into deciding where your website ranks in the major search engines, but one that most SEO experts can agree on is that proving your ‘authority’ within a topic is crucial to achieving great rankings. To larger search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing, what other people say about you is much more important than what you say about yourself, so having a healthy amount of incoming links pointing to your site gives the search engines a clear picture of authority and relevancy amongst your peers.