We have over ten years of experience designing websites.
Getting new leads and sales to your site is our speciality.
Building a brand that speaks to your customers is what we do.
We’re experts at the world’s most trusted web platform.
Business cards, brochures, posters and much much more.
We build websites that work on all kinds of devices.
Meet the Team
- Nathanael HubbardManaging Director | Founder
Nathanael HubbardManaging Director | Founder
Nathanael is passionate about helping businesses dream big and succeed. His weapon of choice is digital marketing. When Nathanael isn’t meeting with clients or learning about business and marketing, he can be found writing songs or playing in his band The Reversals.
- Nathanael enjoys nudging things one pixel at a time until they look ‘perfect’
- Nathanael thinks he can predict the weather better than the professionals
- Scott MaynardManaging Director | Founder
Scott MaynardManaging Director | Founder
Scott gave up his dream of being an olympic athlete when he realised that he had no discernible sporting talent. Fortunately he’s found a rewarding role at Excite Media, where you’ll find him manning the BBQ, or working in the “Geek Zone” where he manages the technical team.
- Scott once drank a whole bottle of mint sauce
- Scott (along with 3 other Excite team members) broke a Guinness World Record for the longest ever darts marathon
- Scott’s “Useless Skill” is catching items that fall out of the fridge
- Scott’s hobbies include, drums, guitar, soccer, golf and speed-clicking.
- Scott’s car was once used in an ad! It was the ‘before’ image for a lottery advertisement.
- Andrew PitchfordDirector of Client Engagement
Andrew PitchfordDirector of Client Engagement
Old man Pitchford is our Digital Strategist, with a 20 year broadcasting career connected to management roles in marketing and communications.
A true early adopter that loves swimming in the technology space, Andrew is highly regarded as a public speaker across marketing and non-profit interests.
- Andrew is a movie addict and the original “Family Guy” who built his first website in ’95.
- With his four children now grown up, his new brood is a collection of Pop Culture Pop Vinyl collectibles.
- Chris TaylorDirector of Operations
Chris TaylorDirector of Operations
“Adversity”: A difficult or unpleasant situation.
Chris’ definition of Adversity:
A Collingwood supporter living in Brisbane.
The above has given Chris a strong ability to develop long lasting relationships (even in the case of AFL related abuse), and perhaps this is the reason that Chris has been appointed as Excite Media’s Production Team Manager.
- Chris is part of the Excite Media team that broke the Guinness World Record for the longest ever game of darts.
- Chris is the founder of the office saying: “a splash of flash”
- Shane RoseDirector of People & Culture
Shane RoseDirector of People & Culture
Shane is our resident Online Marketing Specialist. He divides his time between leading our Online Marketing team, Project Management and constant learning to keep up-to-date with this ever changing industry. Get to know Shane and you’re sure to be told a story that takes a lot longer to tell than it should. You’ll probably hear him talking about The Mighty Hawks, his skills as a local Social Netball legend or the latest music he is listening to (ask him about his “5 listen guarantee”).
- On the weekends, if he’s not donning some lycra and hitting the roads on his bicycle then you’ll probably find him camping or at the beach
- Jordie SampieriGraphic Designer
Jordie SampieriGraphic Designer
Jordie is our coffee addicted designer, who loves to create practical and elegant designs for our clients. Besides spending time with her two dogs Pixie and Wilson and her vintage cat Smoochy, Jordie is also a serious gamer who can’t get enough of Japanese culture and design.
- Jordie is an avid Final Fantasy fan.
- Jordie is still half-heartedly trying to learn Japanese. Kon-ni-chi… ahh forget it…
- Chris HarrisGraphic Designer
Chris HarrisGraphic Designer
As a designer with a true passion for the outdoors, Chris loves getting outside to go camping, surfing, rock climbing, soccer, tennis and pretty much any sport or activity he can.
- Chris has lived and worked on 3 continents and travelled over 50 countries around the world.
- Chris spent a year as ski bum in Canada.
- Chris is a bit of a board game geek and is currently designing his own strategy card game.
- James BrooksAccount Lead
James BrooksAccount Lead
James is our bro from kiwi land. When he’s not eating chocolate fish he’s using his in-depth understanding of digital strategy to deliver highly effective business solutions for his clients.
- James lived in Sydney for 15 years. During his career he has worked with companies such as Toshiba and Coca Cola, Foxtel.
- James loves learning about new and emerging technology and how they solve problems and improve business performance.
- James is known for sneaky McDonalds trips at 2am in the morning.
We’re a friendly bunch of peeps, why not get to know all of us?
How would you rate the quality of your finished project?
We’re absolutely thrilled with the site and the entire collaborative experience with Excite Media. In fact, I’ve been singing their praises whenever an opportunity presents itself.
How did you feel about working with the team at Excite Media?
Excite Media gave a professional front to my small business. They are the only organisation I know that actually deliver when they say they will.
Is there anything that Excite Media could have improved during your project?
To make cakes push through the screen every time I hit the home button. Other than that, nothing. Although, I have no doubt that if anybody could have made the cake thing happen, it would be Excite Media.
About Excite Media
Excite Media are Brisbane based web designers that have been producing high quality website design, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Google AdWords campaigns for over 10 years. With over 1,200 websites being professionally designed and built, the Excite Media team of web designers and fellow professionals can offer the perfect solution for your next website design project.
We are based in Petrie Terrace, Brisbane but if you can’t make it to our office for a website consultation, don’t worry! Whether your business is based in Indooroopilly, Kenmore, Taringa, Toowong, Milton, Brisbane CBD or beyond, we can bring our web design expertise to you.
Case StudyOz Wardrobes
On the second of September this year, without most of the world knowing, one of the most significant threats to internet security was discovered. While business continued as most for most, the good folks over at Wordfence uncovered a major security flaw that had the potential to throw a significant portion of the internet into complete disarray.
Five days after the Wordfence security plugin identified the vulnerability, a solution was issued to tackle the problem immediately. By the 21st of September, threats were no longer present to sites and the investigation was concluded./p>
Only recently this information has been disclosed, but consumers want to know how they can protect themselves against a similar attack. Read the full article…
It’s a very rare person who would tell you that a slow website doesn’t grind their gears.
In fact, there is absolutely no one in the Excite Media Team who would happily twiddle their thumbs and watch wheels spin while a website loads. We live in a fast-paced world where we want things sooner rather than later. That’s why page speed is so critical to a good user experience (UX).
It doesn’t matter how great the content is, how flashy the graphics are, or even if you have an ace video playing – speed is key. Read the full article…
Learning our client’s business through complete immersion, Web Project Manager Polina, travelled to the Northern Territory
A couple of weeks ago I had the unique opportunity to steal away from my desk at Excite and head to the outback for one of my clients. I was invited by the Laynhapuy Homelands Aboriginal Corporation (Laynha) to visit a number of their remote sites in the Northern Territory. To say I jumped at the opportunity is a bit of an understatement!
The type of project Laynha had in mind posed some real challenges and understanding precisely how the group integrated with the local community was critical to fully comprehending what they were trying to achieve. Read the full article…