Meet the Team
- Nathanael HubbardManaging Director | Founder
Nathanael HubbardManaging Director | Founder
Nathanael is our co-founder and Managing Director, who along with Scott Maynard has built Excite Media into one of Brisbane’s premier agencies over the past 12 years. Leading a team of 35 close-knit digital experts, Nathanael is passionate about helping people and businesses discover what they want, why they want it, and how to achieve it.
Nathanael is passionate about helping businesses and organisations dream big and succeed. His weapon of choice is digital marketing. When Nathanael isn’t meeting with clients or learning more about business and marketing, he can be found writing songs or playing in his band.
- Nathanael enjoys nudging things one pixel at a time until they look ‘perfect’
- Nathanael thinks he can predict the weather better than the professionals
- Nathanael has a Masters of Information Technology and a Bachelor of Popular Music.
- Scott MaynardManaging Director | Founder
Scott MaynardManaging Director | Founder
Scott is Excite Media’s Managing Director and enjoys working closely with the team to help grow SME businesses. He’s passionate about building a thriving team culture and making Excite Media a positive influence on everyone associated with it.
Scott gave up his dream of being an olympic athlete when he realised that he had no discernible sporting talent. Fortunately he’s found a rewarding role at Excite Media, where you’ll find him manning the BBQ, or working in the “Geek Zone” where he manages the technical team.
- Scott once drank a whole bottle of mint sauce
- Scott (along with 3 other Excite team members) broke a Guinness World Record for the longest ever darts marathon
- Scott’s “Useless Skill” is catching items that fall out of the fridge
- Scott’s hobbies include, drums, guitar, soccer, golf and speed-clicking.
- Scott’s car was once used in an ad! It was the ‘before’ image for a lottery advertisement.
- Scott has a Bachelor of Electrical/Computer Systems Engineering with First Class Honours
- Andrew PitchfordDirector of Client Engagement
Andrew PitchfordDirector of Client Engagement
Andrew has a knack for solving complex business challenges through digital. He was the Director of a NZ web agency and leverages years in broadcasting, advertising and community services for our clients.
Old man Pitchford is our Digital Strategist, with a 20 year broadcasting career connected to management roles in marketing and communications.
A true early adopter that loves swimming in the technology space, Andrew is highly regarded as a public speaker across marketing and non-profit interests.
- Andrew is a movie addict and the original “Family Guy” who built his first website in ’95.
- With his four children now grown up, his new brood is a collection of Pop Culture Pop Vinyl collectibles.
- Chris TaylorDirector of Operations
Chris TaylorDirector of Operations
Chris is a founding member of the team – having experienced all that Excite Media has to offer from minute one of day one. With a background in Business Management, Chris has experience with companies like CBA, Ricoh and Collins Foods.
Chris is our lead fire-fighter, and can constantly be found supporting team members in any way possible. When he’s not doing this, he’s probably banging on about Collingwood – and that’s when we all tune out.
- Chris is part of the Excite Media team that broke the Guinness World Record for the longest ever game of darts.
- Chris is constantly reminded that he is a less successful human than Sam Burgess.
- Chris is the founder of the office saying: “a splash of flash”.
- Benjamin MaynardCreative Director
Benjamin MaynardCreative Director
Ben’s our Creative Director with 17 years experience in web, UI/UX and digital marketing for companies like MTV, Seagate, SAP and eBay. Ben has founded numerous successful startups, and knows how to get results through design.
Ben’s role at ExciteMedia is to lead our design team in creating high quality, modern designs that really connect with people. When not pushing pixels around, Ben enjoys spending time with his family, building and playing guitars and watching the Formula One. This one time, he met The Goodies.
- Ben has over twenty guitars, a collection that doesn’t seem likely to stop anytime soon.
- Ben is tragically addicted to Formula One, and one day dreams of following the championship around the world for a year.
- Lee WallisHead of Digital Marketing
Lee WallisHead of Digital Marketing
Lee brings over 10 years of digital marketing experience to Excite Media, with 4 of those years spent running his own digital agency. Lee is our CRO expert and has helped multi-million dollar property companies like Diamond Resorts grow their sales.
Lee, our very own British expatriate (yep, he’s a pom), understands how to transform an under-performing website into an online lead generating machine! With over 10 years experience in the digital marketing industry, Lee spends his time amongst our webIQ team, continuously optimising websites to generate more leads and sales for our clients.
- Lee knows when you’re bluffing at the poker table.
- Lee’s travels have taken him to Spain, Turkey, Cyprus, Italy, India, Japan, Indonesia and of course his new home, Australia. Next stop… Las Vegas!
- Lee is obsessed with the digital currency Bitcoin and believes one day his Bitcoin stash will be worth millions. As of September 2017, 1 Bitcoin is worth $5,170 AUD.
- Alicent WongAccount Director
Alicent WongAccount Director
Alicent (or Ali) is an Account Director at Excite Media who loves running, interior design, music, the great outdoors and all things sci-fi. Born and bred a Singaporean, Ali has lived in Sydney for the past 15 years and co-owned a digital agency with her husband until recently relocating her family to sunny Brisbane.
- Ali’s retirement dream to go on a foodie tour all around the world with her husband.
- The movie star that Ali idolises the most is Audrey Hepburn.
- Ali has a weakness for anything pickled and dark, dark chocolate.
- Ali is also a bit of a tea snob and loves cooking and eating!
- Shane RoseAccount Manager
Shane RoseAccount Manager
Shane is an Account Manager who has been working in digital marketing for 10 years, helping 100’s of Australian SME businesses get top Google rankings and maximum ROI from their PPC campaigns.
Shane spends his time giving our clients guidance in all areas of Digital Marketing, and is constantly learning and keeping up-to-date with this ever changing industry. Get to know Shane and you’re sure to be told a story that takes a lot longer to tell than it should. You’ll probably hear him talking about The Mighty Hawks, his skills as a local Social Netball legend or the latest music he is listening to (ask him about his “5 listen guarantee”).
- On the weekends, if he’s not donning some lycra and hitting the roads on his bicycle then you’ll probably find him camping or at the beach